Market Intelligence Analyst - Intern
As a member of the Oerlikon Metco Markets and Communications, the Marketing Assistant supports all aspects of our communication programs and is part of our global, international team. These programs include tradeshows, customer events and other internal and external events, technical and sales documentation and collateral, electronic communications, advertisements, press releases, direct mail campaigns, product launch activities and Internet / Intranet content.
- Ensure timely delivery of marketing collateral to others, such as for Sales, tradeshows, advertisements, articles, premiums, etc.
- Help coordinates shipping and receiving activities and scheduling, including that required for tradeshows and events, and coordinates necessary paperwork and scheduling for such shipments.
- Coordinates publication dates and logistics for advertisements, press releases, articles, online directories and other time-sensitive publications, with other members of the Global MarCom team and external suppliers, to ensure such collateral is prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Support and coordinate the entry of leads from tradeshows, advertising and website into CRM system.
- Act as a resource for Sales Americas, to provide sales tools in a timely manner.
- Assist in posting content revisions to our web site and Intranet sites, as required.
- Coordinate activities with our Wohlen team, including programs for Europe and Asia
- Coordinate logistics with outside vendors to insure delivery of media and collateral in a timely manner
- Create purchasing requisitions and coordinate with Accounting for timely payment to outside vendors.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Specialist in the coordination and execution of tradeshows and events
- Create, coordinate and publish communicatons, as required
- Support the organization and execution of Marketing media libraries
- Track product movement for demo inventory management
- Support the collection of comments from the technical community for literature and other publications, as required.
- Improve PowerPoint presentations provided by PPMs, PLMs, Sales Segment Managers, etc. , to meet corporate design standards such that they can be purposed as customer-facing collateral
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Must have good computer skills, with a good and comfortable working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills and excellent English grammar skills
- SharePoint experience a plus
- Exercise effective listening skills, especially in dealing with our coworkers for whom English is a second language
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software a plus (even at a low level), such as Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Foreign language skills a plus, depending on language and fluency
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.