The Additive Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of the AM printers, all post processing equipment and processes, and ensure the proper manufacture of AM parts compliant to meet customer requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a technical capacity with a manufacturing company
- Previous positions as operations technicians, maintenance, or quality
- Associates degree in an engineering/business discipline or equivalent/relevant experience
- Ability to work in a team-based collaborative environment where priorities may shift regularly
- Experience in lean manufacturing Experience in writing standard work processes
- The ability to troubleshoot operational issues and relay information to the team is a must
- Self-motivation is a must and the ability to work independently once tasked is required
- Experience working with basic shop tools and hand tools required
- Intermediate level skill with MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic ordering and shipping experience
- Ability to endure a flexible work schedule
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing or working with metal powders Intermediate level skill with 3D CAD software
- Experience working with Magics by Materialise
- Additive Manufacturing hardware specific software
- Experience working with Solid Works or Inventor
- Additive Manufacturing powder bed systems, wire EDM experience
- Basic understanding of machine tools (milling, lathe, drill presses, CNC) and heat treating
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, or other shop floor data management systems
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon AM is spearheading the revolution that is Additive Manufacturing. We have gathered together a dynamic team with deep industrial knowledge, backed with state of the art facilities worldwide, built specifically for AM. We can provide AM solutions in metal alloys, ceramics and plastic materials. We can support our own AM printing capability with our own metal powder production, research and development, component design, application engineering and finishing. We are pioneering AM for all scales of manufacture from 1 part to series production runs lasting decades, and across all industries.. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon AM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon AM to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon AM is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.