Supplier Quality Engineer (m/f/d)
The Supplier Quality Engineer ensures that delivered products and goods meet the quality requirements in line with the requirements imposed by our customers in the aircraft engine industry; among other things by Supplier Quality Assurance (ensuring that suppliers work in accordance with system agreements).
The Supplier Quality Engineer focuses on both coordination of administrative and physical control at delivery and ensuring preventively that the correct (system) requirements are set, communicated and implemented and the correct procedures and standards are followed.
The Supplier Quality Engineer reports to the Head of Group Supplier Quality & Development. Also provides substantive guidance to Incoming Goods Inspector(s) (IGIs).
- Initiate, develop and communicate the supplier quality assurance plan. Translate customer and company requirements into supplier requirements and guidelines.
- Set up incoming good inspections, draws up closing procedures. Determine measurement methods and tools to be used.
- Supervise new part introductions (with respect to determining test methods/requirements).
- Advise suppliers on quality requirements and control possibilities and advise NPD/Engineering with respect to purchasing specifications.
- Ensure that requirements, (process) agreements, control methods are formulated and embedded in the Oerlikon Eldim organization.
- Coordinate the execution concerning quality checks on incoming goods. Decide on approval / rejection of such purchased products / parts. Determine and release from quality inspection stock.
- Initiates corrective actions by suppliers if their products/ parts do not meet requirements.
- Ensure correctly issuing supplier approvals and signing off FAIRs.
- Initiate and conduct on supplier quality audits and follow-up on NCs and improvement plans. Give official approval and ensure that all relevant information is communicated to Procurement.
- Analyze the supplier related complaints and provide information to / on behalf of Procurement about Quality KPIs (e.g. vendor rating, supplier score). Recognize trends in metrics and reports.
- Continuous improvement and harmonization of reports, forms and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or another technical subject
- Affinity with technical production processes, complex parts and be able to digest technical drawings
- Preferably you have worked in a Supply Quality Assurance/ SCM oriented position
- Experienced with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems and working in highly regulated sectors like Medical/ Aerospace (AS9100)
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization (cross-BU, cross-country)
- Hands on mentality, solution focused, team player
- Continuous improvement mindset
- You are fluent in Dutch, both speaking and writing, and English
- Willing to travel internationally
An inspiring and dynamic position in an internationally oriented work environment, in which technology and customer focus go hand in hand.
A varied position with room for own initiative for 40 hours a week.
Good primary and secondary employment conditions, such as pension provision, travel allowance and flexible working hours.
The salary is based on the weight of the position, experience and education.
There are plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself.
For more information about this position, you can contact the HR department, which can be reached on telephone number 077-4731919 or via email Eldim.HR@oerlikon.com
Oerlikon Eldim (NL) B.V. does not accept unsolicited help from intermediaries / employment agencies or other third parties for this vacancy. Sent resumes (in whatever form) by 3rd parties to any employees of Oerlikon Eldim (NL) B.V. without a valid written query from our HR Department, are considered public information. No compensation will be owed to the aforementioned parties in the event that a candidate is hired whose CV and / or other information has been sent without being asked.
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.