Title: Strategic Account Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Oerlikon Metco is seeking a motivated Strategic Account Manager to focus on our Oil/Gas customer segment. The Account Manager will work in our fast paced, expanding sales team to drive proactive value creation and revenue generation for our services and products. In this consultative-based selling role you will work with strategic and prospective customers in the Gulf Coast region to find and close sales opportunities through active selling. This includes, but is not limited to, lead qualification, opportunity management, and strategic account management. This position requires an individual with strong strategic and technical selling skills who is able to collaborate with customer engineers and management to drive value-based solutions and lasting business partnerships. Our ideal candidate has the ability to create and close deals that are technical in nature. In addition, the candidate will be able to identify our clients’ key initiatives and develop sales strategies to deliver long term value to the client and Oerlikon Metco. The candidate must exhibit a strong customer satisfaction mentality, work ethic, and drive to succeed. This technical sales professional must have an energetic, enthusiastic outlook, and enjoy learning and problem solving as part of a growing team.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. The surface technologies such as Thermal Spray and Laser Cladding improve performance and increase efficiency and reliability. Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets and operates a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific. Oerlikon Metco, together with Oerlikon Balzers, belongs to the Surface Solutions Segment of the Switzerland-based Oerlikon Group (SIX: OERL).
- Perform B2B sales activities from lead generation through closure within the Industrial segment
- Promote and sell coating solutions materials and equipment including Thermal Spray, Laser Clad, Welding, and Thin Film technologies
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop & maintain strong customer relationships with decision makers at key accounts
- Create and maintain account plans for existing customers; highlighting profile, market share, competition, and value opportunities
- Formulate strategies for building and growing the accounts and maximizing their potential value
- Research, gather, analyze, maintain and disseminate information about assigned accounts; develop exceptional knowledge of the customer and competitors and be well versed in the customer’s problems, initiatives, goals, needs, and issues
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales management, accounting, and technical services groups
- Provide regular sales forecasts and appropriate feedback from the field utilizing MS CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Eight +years of technical sales and key account management.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work in a team oriented organization
- Thermal Spray Coatings, Laser Clad, Welding, and Thin Film technologies.
- Network of operational, technical and business management key decision makers and supply chain for thermal spray coatings.
- Technical Sales to Industrial customers: 8 + years