Sr.Applications Coating expert, Oil and GasComponents
Coating Expert Oil & Gas Components Valves and Pumps [title depends on specific assignment and experience level] has extensive knowledge of coating requirements, operation/service condition of Oil & Gas components of Upstream Market (Subsea/Land/Hydraulic Fracturing), Midstream (Transmission), Downstream (Petrochemical/Refining Use and Design). His/her function is a combination of pro-actively:
Defining and evaluating application specific market opportunities and developing product roadmaps that provide high customer value and differentiation from Oerlikon Metco competitors. Driving/managing application specific qualifications, validations, product development, joint customer development projects. initiating/triggering required product or coating developments, campaigns, marketing material and exhibition participation, as required to enable the growth strategy for the assigned application area. He/she is a key leader for driving the business initiatives related to specific applications from a technical perspective supporting sales as a technical consultant and trusted customer partner for high impact engagement.
He/she has must have a deep understanding of the assigned applications and products, solutions, coatings used in those applications and industries. Conducting regular joint visit’s with Sales to customers to assure first-hand technical information and creating solutions to solve application specific customer pain. He/she will also:
Provide guidance, information & technical arguments to position & promote OM Materials, Equipment and connect opportunities to Coating Service (TSS) whenever possible. Will be the subject matter expert with deep understanding of the OM product offerings (Mat, EQ, Service) , the target customers and the competitive landscape. Delivers the relevant information and technical credibility to our customers that facilitates conversion of opportunities into order intake Work closely with Marketing, Knowledge Mgmt., Product & Market Segment Mgrs. creating regional application specific value proposition sales tools. Work closely with Knowledge mgmt.. to develop and implement comprehensive application specific training programs designed to create market awareness of the product offerings. Provide input to new product development opportunities, defines product gaps, product performance and competitor movements. Provide input to Sales for new opportunities and works with Sales Mgmt. to define action plans. He/she helps translate customer needs or product gaps into initiatives in their regions to generate top line sales He/she supports Sales at Exhibitions, customer trainings, onsite demonstrations and technical presentations at Customers.
Key Result Areas (output of the position)
- Translates input from Customers and sales, related applications into short, mid and long-term market opportunities.
- Defines competitive gaps into market application development initiatives, growth plans and strategies for creating market traction
- Identifies new opportunities for solutions & unique offerings and triggers required actions to execute
- Creates market awareness for products and solutions related to specific application areas
- Drives application specific initiatives and projects (qualifications, validations, support of launch plans, post launch reviews, joint developments) in the field.
- Is the driving force in the region for Customer product trials and adoption of the portfolios product offerings.
- Provides a high level of technical credibility to enable ‘first time right’ at the Customer interaction.
- Training of Sales in regards to product offerings and creating application-product related selection & training tools
- Generating application documentation packages i.e. Solution Flash, Case studies, Application Bulletins to facilitate a replication (copy / paste) of successes
- Coordinates Customer specific projects with Sales, RD, CSC and TSS as appropriate
- Closely cooperates with Sales and Market Segment Mgmt. & Marketing
- Regularly conducts joint visits with Sales to Customers to assure first-hand technical information, creates application solutions that meet customer needs. Coordinates with and brings the right people in contact with the correct counterparts Manage multiple interactions simultaneously in a matrix organization
Technical university degree Masters or higher is preferred. Focus on materials, engineering with a specialization on Laser Cladding, Gas Welding, Welding, Thermal Spray Coatings is highly desirable.
- Professional experience:
Practical work experience (5 years) in Oil & Gas components of Upstream Market (Subsea/Land/Hydraulic Fracturing), Midstream (Transmission), Downstream (Petrochemical/Refining Use and Design). Knowledge of Laser Cladding, Gas Welding, Welding, Thermal Spray Coatings, Hardfacing related to the application area. Broad experience in customer facing interactions Ability to motivate multifunctional teams to ensure that we deliver on commitments to customers Presentation, communication skills Solid know-how in solving problems under the pressure of Customer demands