This position will be deeply involved in Upstream Sourcing processes Right from New supplier identification , RFI , RFQ Follow up , Quote analysis and supplier selection proposals , Sample ordering , follow up , Vendor change process management from Sourcing point of View . Risk analysis and priority for Vendor change process based on Supply Risk.
This position will also do tactical buying Job for partial spend and If required Back up for Current Buyers work . Will also support on Management Information system work ,reporting and presentation .
- Prepare request for information, request for quote.
- Identify new high potential suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with sourcing process.
- Maintain sourcing records and database.
- Follow-up and resolve epidemic quality and availability issues.
- Conduct analysis of spend and identify opportunities for continuous improvement in area of cost, quality and service.
- Maintain and manage independent charge for assigned purchases.
- Act as a back-up to maintain support for essential activities of Sourcing group.
- Ability to travel to supplier locations – 10% travel estimated.
- College Engineering degree. Technical and business or supply chain major preferred.
- 2-4 years previous experience in supply chain management, procurement, strategic sourcing is desirable but not necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Previous experience with SAP desirable. Ability to develop mastery of ERP system in short period of time.
- Communication – ability to prepare small presentations to the team, communicate cross functionality to peers and superiors.
- Organization – able to manage their own time and maintain record of multiple sourcing projects and current status.