Location: Elgin, IL
The Inspector will work in a self-directed capacity in a changing environment. S/he will work with a variety of customers to understand their ongoing product needs and translate those needs into workable specifications for teammates to follow. In performing his/her daily tasks, the individual will draw upon training and experience to make important front-end and back-end processing decisions. As part of his/her primary responsibilities, this individual will also ensure that once the customers’ products have been processed they are inspected for quality, re-packaged, and shipped accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a ‘customer-friendly’ manner
- Receive and inspect customer product for processing
- Establish product process sequence
- Inspect finished product
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various department
- Tool identification including matching with travel cards
- Visual inspection of tools for proper coating
- Learning de-fixturing techniques
- Post quantities being shipped into computer system
- Pack customer parts for shipping
- Use XRF equipment to document coating thickness
- Use various shipping software
- Performing other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
- 5S program
- blasting and stripping support
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient ordering supplies via the Internet
- Experience with MS Word and Internet Explorer
- Knowledge of industrial cutting tools (e.g.; drills, etc.) preferred, but not required
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be high-energy, and detailed-oriented
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.