Position: Regional Total Rewards Manager
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Do the terms “strategic leader” and “business partner” sound more like your flavor of HR expertise, but you still enjoy rolling up your sleeves and keeping your tactical skills sharp? If this defines you then perhaps your ready for the next step in your career in this critical role as the Head of Total Rewards for Oerlikon in the Americas. Oerlikon is a multibillion-dollar global manufacturing leader partnering with some of the most respected organizations in the Energy, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical and Manmade Fibers industries. We are currently looking for this key member of our team to help us continue to redefine our success story. In this role you get to go beyond consulting and operations and truly partner with business leaders in order to help master people topics, compensation, benefits and redefine perceived value!
In the Americas, you’ll be expected to implement, manage and consult on the Group reward strategy, policies, processes and tools, support HR business partners in reward topics, collaborate closely with your HR partners. Of course, you will need to be able to demonstrate skill and passion for what our business does and how we do it well, but this isn’t your first experience, you’ve already proven you’re a seasoned expert with several years behind them!
Supported by highly skilled HR leaders, our Head of Rewards will enjoy rewarding work in refining concepts and tools that help attract, retain and engage employees and our future workforce. You’ll get to tackle exciting projects and implement critical corporate initiatives in support of integrations, continuous improvement and other innovations. You need to be happy in a very fast paced and high-pressure environment with some ambiguity, change and volatility. You will probably get regularly pulled in different directions, but you will have room to learn, grow, play with new ideas and travel across the region! Make Oerlikon more than just “the next job” on your resume, come join our expanding, people-focused high performing team of experts. We look forward to your application!
- Lead reward processes and projects with the over-arching objective to support business needs within state and company regulations.
- Establish and maintain employee segmentation and job grading.
- Ensure transparent, fair and competitive pay structures.
- Provide market insights, trends and thought leadership in pay and benefits practices.
- Develop and/or implement incentive systems within the limits of Group Reward governance.
- Develop and/or implement effective and efficient benefit schemes in line with Group governance, state regulation and local practices.
- Support compensation processes such as annual pay plan, annual salary review, annual bonus plans, semi-annual performance appraisal and cross-border transfers.
- Ensure compliance of reward processes with state, collective bargaining and company regulations.
- Ensure alignment of pay decisions with company and individual performance, budget and approvals.
- Develop, support and/or present effective reward communication for potential candidates, managers and employees on better understanding reward philosophy, policies and processes.
- Support the implementation, integration and enhancement of reward tools within the HR application landscape.
- Monitor and consult on organizational effectiveness, including organizational structure, workforce productivity and personnel expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance or a business-related discipline
- 6-8 years of Human Resources experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with international compensation & benefits
- Expert in grading and salary benchmarking methodologies
- Familiar with legal and cultural differences and specificities in the most relevant countries of the region
- Familiar with machinery, manufacturing or technology industries
- Results-oriented attitude with excellent execution skills and able to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills with a view to the bigger picture in terms of topics, priorities and implications
- Excellent data handling skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy and reliability
- Good communication skills to effectively work and persuade across countries, functions and teams
- Good project and stakeholder management skills
- Crisp and fluent English skills (additional languages a bonus)
- Excellent in MS office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint)
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, please contact Human Resources.