Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
We are seeking a Quality Manager who will be based at our facility in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. As an active member of the Global Quality organization you will manage the internal/external process audits as well as support external certificateion audits for AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO17025, ISO45001 and if required, NADCAP. This position is accountable for the overall quality management systems and the day to day operation of the Analytical Laboratories. You will provide tehcnical support of analytical chemistry to all development and new projects.
Leadership and Management of Analytical Department:
- On-going analytical support in the manufacturing of existing products and R&D programs related to new product development;
- Continuous improvement of analytical capabilities to meet new market requirements;
- Introduce new laboratory science technology to meet customer requirements and gain efficiency;
- Continuous improvement of laboratory efficiency and turnaround time;
- Monitoring of customer requirements and chances of requirements.
Leadership and Management of Quality:
- On-going maintenance of existing Quality Management System to meet certification requirements;
- Expansion of existing Quality System to meet organizational changes;
- Certification requirements for Designated SupplIers Quality Representatives (DSQR), quality representative for all OEMs;
- Proactively contribute to creating a good cross functional team atmosphere.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Science, preferably Chemistry or Materials Science of Quality Engineering combined with a minimum of five years experience in the Aerospace industry;
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills;
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making;
- Ability to understand the requirements of Aerospace Industry and apply effective Quality Management System to meet customer requirements;
- Laboratory Management skills;
- Experience in management Quality Management Systems with knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, IS)45000 and ISO 17025 standars is pereferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with SAP, MS office, Visio and MS Project.
A compentative total rewards package including a comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.