Position: Quality Lab Technician
Location: Plymouth, MI
Prepares, tests, and analyze samples to determine their chemical and physical characteristics using laboratory equipment and instruments in accordance with procedures, practices and calibration standards. Evaluates the results relative to procedures and specifications and accepts or rejects the test results. Reviews the detail customer purchase orders / SAP orders, prepares and signs materials certifications and keeps the customer and internal specifications and procedures updated and in orderly fashion. Must be flexible to work overtime, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) as required.
- Efficiently performs Laboratory analysis (chemical, carbon, gas analysis, size distributions, Flow, and Density) using laboratory equipments and established standards and procedures that would comply with Nadcap/ISO 17025, ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. Work closely with manufacturing and other departments to provide accurate and efficient testing of products.
- Prepares reports, certifications, procedures and statistical process control charts involving laboratory results and maintains all the laboratory log books (e.g. PM, Results Recording, Retest, Laboratory Sample Submittal) up to date per the established standards and procedures.
- Submits samples to outside laboratories and communicates information to obtain results in a timely and complete manner.
- Performs preventative maintenance and does troubleshooting of laboratory equipment. Maintains the laboratory in safe and environmentally controlled manner.
- Participate in Round Robin/Proficiency Testing analysis and complete in timely manner.
- Evaluate test data to determine the acceptability of materials submitted as final products and in-process samples to assure that customer requirements are being met.
- Reviews the calibration status of quality department equipment and obtains/performs recalibrations on a timely basis.
- Reviews customer purchase order requirements and determines if all can be met with the material proposed by customer service and shipping. If proof of compliance is not available in the document files, presents the package to QA Manager for review.
- Compare the approved specifications for each lot offered against the customer requirements. If all requirements are met, prepares and signs materials certifications and forward it to shipping.
- Reviews all customer specification revision lists as received from customers and orders/obtains any new issues of interest. Orders any specifications as requested by Oerlikon associates.
- Maintains all quality records including laboratory test reports, customer PO, sales orders, and customer and internal specifications accurately, up to date and properly filed in a timely manner, classified, stored, and is able to retrieve records on request and distribute copies as necessary.
- Performs self audits of files at regular intervals to ensure documents are complete, current and retrievable and searches for missing documents and obtains current documents as necessary.
- Assist other Quality Assurance Associates in preparing proposals, reports, certification, procedures, data entry, and other documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma / Associate Degree in Chemistry preferred
- General knowledge of office equipment and must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills are needed for working with customers and associates
- Conscious and well organized with strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team and assume full responsibility for the accuracy and completion of documents
- Must be safety conscious and oriented
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.