Position: Quality Lab Technician
Prepares, tests, and analyze samples to determine their chemical and physical characteristics using laboratory equipment and instruments in accordance with procedures, practices, and calibration standards. Evaluates the results relative to procedures and specifications and accepts or rejects the test results. Reviews the detail customer purchase orders / SAP orders, prepares and signs materials certifications, and keeps the customer and internal specifications and procedures updated and in orderly fashion. Must be flexible to work overtime, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) as required.
- Efficiently performs Laboratory analysis (chemical, carbon, gas analysis, size distributions, Flow, and Density) using laboratory equipments and established standards and procedures that would comply with Nadcap/ISO 17025, ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. Work closely with manufacturing and other departments to provide accurate and efficient testing of products.
- Prepares reports, certifications, procedures and statistical process control charts involving laboratory results and maintains all the laboratory log books (e.g. PM, Results Recording, Retest, Laboratory Sample Submittal) up to date per the established standards and procedures.
- Submits samples to outside laboratories and communicates information to obtain results in a timely and complete manner.
- Performs preventative maintenance and does troubleshooting of laboratory equipment. Maintains the laboratory in safe and environmentally controlled manner.
- Participate in Round Robin/Proficiency Testing analysis and complete in timely manner.
- Evaluate test data to determine the acceptability of materials submitted as final products and in-process samples to assure that customer requirements are being met.
- Reviews the calibration status of quality department equipment and obtains/performs recalibrations on a timely basis.
- Reviews customer purchase order requirements and determines if all can be met with the materialproposed by customer service and shipping. If proof of compliance is not available in the document files, presents the package to QA Manager for review.
- Compare the approved specifications for each lot offered against the customer requirements. If all requirements are met, prepares and signs materials certifications and forward it to shipping.
- Reviews all customer specification revision lists as received from customers and orders/obtains any new issues of interest. Orders any specifications as requested by associates.
- Maintains all quality records including laboratory test reports, customer PO, sales orders, and customer and internal specifications accurately, up to date and properly filed in a timely manner, classified, stored, and is able to retrieve records on request and distribute copies as necessary.
- Performs self audits of files at regular intervals to ensure documents are complete, current and retrievable and searches for missing documents and obtains current documents as necessary.
- Assist other Quality Assurance Associates in preparing proposals, reports, certification, procedures, data entry, and other documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma / Associate Degree in Chemistry preferred
- General knowledge of office equipment and must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills are needed for working with customers and associates
- Conscious and well organized with strong oral and written communication skills Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team and assume full responsibility for the accuracy and completion of documents
- Must be safety conscious and oriented