Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Department : Additive Manufacturing
- Communicate quality related topics with customers
- Reviews customer request for quotes and prepares estimates
- Provides technical contract review
- Interpret customer specifications
- Performs supplier quality audits
- Review engineering drawings and CAD files for quality requirements
- Operate/program inspection equipment (CMM / GOM)
- Prepare quality planning instructions / bubble drawings
- Document nonconformances
- Prepare technical data packages
- Perform root cause / corrective action
- Minimum 4 year degree in Quality, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a quality engineering role within a manufacturing and/or production environment
- 2+ years of experience implementing and executing ISO 9001:2015 / ISO 13485
- Ability to effectively use problem-solving tools such as Pareto Charts, SPC methodologies, cause and effect diagrams as well as 8D or similar problem solving experience
- Action oriented individual who drives for results in managing the Quality Management System.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing, machining, heat treat, and inspection
- Proficient in GD&T
- CAD skills (SolidWorks or NX preferred)
- Proficient in CMM and inspection gauges
- 3D scanning equipment/software and report generation
- 6σ / SPC / DMAIC
- SAP experience
- Effective verbal skills and solid written communication
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon AM is spearheading the revolution that is Additive Manufacturing. We have gathered together a dynamic team with deep industrial knowledge, backed with state of the art facilities worldwide, built specifically for AM. We can provide AM solutions in metal alloys, ceramics and plastic materials. We can support our own AM printing capability with our own metal powder production, research and development, component design, application engineering and finishing. We are pioneering AM for all scales of manufacture from 1 part to series production runs lasting decades, and across all industries.. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, retirement security contribution and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon AM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon AM to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon AM is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.