Position: Quality Coordinator 1st Shift
Location: Geneva, IL
Ideal for a Junior Quality Engineer or Quality Technician, this position will ensure customers are fully satisfied with the company’s service through maintaining all aspects of the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System and TS16949. The Quality Coordinator will report to the Quality Manager Automotive.
- Inspect products by receiving and on coating line for flaws or visual defects.
- Provide product quality analysis via various testing methodologies to include X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), FTIR, Rockwell Hardness and visual inspection.
- Material review and disposition of non-conforming product including batch release before shipping.
- Ensure production process meets industry standards.
- Fulfill documentation and reporting requirements for non conforming parts.
- Support by performing statistical analysis and data analysis.
- Assist with quality control audits.
- Investigate, monitor, document and report on quality of care and service issues.
- Support by driving continuous improvement, corrective and preventive actions as a result of data analysis, customer complaints, internal failures, audit findings, etc. with a focus on effective root-cause analysis.
- Support quality planning activity to ensure customer requirements are met. Interface with customer and production personnel to establish acceptance criteria, processing methodologies and resolve non-conforming conditions.
- Train production personnel in quality system requirements, processes and procedures as required.
- Support maintenance in Quality lab
- Gauge calibration
- Gauge work instructions
- Support Automotive
- Communicate with customers on incoming quality concerns
- Maintain daily scrap log
- Communicate daily scarp log with automotive team
- Associates Degree in Quality, Business or Technology is preferred.
- Professional certification (ASQ or similar) in relevant quality disciplines.
- Two years in manufacturing tool or coating field or in a technical quality position.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of quality theory and tools.
- Computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Blueprint reading.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.