Project Manager R&D (m/f/d)
Do you enjoy experimenting with materials to develop the best coating which leads to an even better performance?
In this role you are part of our international R&D Team and drive the development of our PVD coatings for cutting tools applications. You manage different development projects and align with internal departments as well as customers.
Reporting Line: R&D Team Manager
Location: Balzers, Liechtenstein
- You are responsible for management and execution of R&D projects with focus on PVD or PECVD coating solutions for applications in the area of cutting tools
- Identifying and defining property requirements for coating solutions as well as evaluating optimum pre- or posttreatments in relation to the targeted applications
- Development and verification of highly innovative and competitive surface solutions
- Project planning as well as continuous monitoring and documentation of project status in terms of progress, costs and scheduling according to our project management regulations
- Validation of production processes in cooperation with internal and external customers
- Support of Marketing, Sales and Production during product launch and implementation
- You have a PhD in in material science or comparable discipline with specialization on PVD coatings
- Ideally you have at least 4 years of work experience in development and characterization of nitride, carbide, oxide, borides or comparable hard coatings
- You have expert skills in thin film coating technology – PVD arc or sputter technology
- Knowledge of cutting tools and tests is required
- Previous experience in managing development projects is a plus
- You are able to multitask, have an independent and pro-active working style and you are an excellent team-player
- Ability to travel globally up to 20%
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must, German skills are a plus
- Attractive working conditions, free parking spaces and a canteen
- A competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package
- International R&D community and global environment with state-of-the-art technology where you can bring in your expertise, your ideas, and your drive to further develop our coatings
- Be part of a leading company for developing hard coatings
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online.
If you have any questions, please contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA
+ 49 (0) 6142 6033 282
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.