Under limited guidance from CSC Manager, supports CSC organization by researching, evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in testing and solving technical problems pertaining to thermal spray application development, system acceptance tests, and product validation projects.
- Under limited guidance from CSC Manger, formulates project plans for CSC projects. Operates via proper channels and according to Oerlikon Metco guidelines.
- Leads individual project activities for application development, parameter development, product support and validation, demonstrations, Sales support, Thermal Spray System Acceptance tests, Materials and Equipment OUs support. Communicates results to both internal and external customers.
- Designs test plans and performs necessary spray tests and prepares technical reports and/or presentations for review.
- Insures that project/program assignments meet established technical requirements, budget, and time schedules. This includes guidance in the use of equipment and materials used in the spray process, testing for coating properties, and the tools used for product evaluation.
- Oversees the maintenance and organization of spray test results and documentation.
- Keeps the CSC Americas Manager informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Position may require travel to support CSC activities including on-site knowledge transfers, Customer Service issues, and Thermal Spray System support and acceptance tests.
- Generates project/program proposal activities including quotations, scheduling, and specifying the required project tasks and goals.
- Evaluates metallurgical coating samples/reports for design intent and determines if coating specifications and/or requirements have been met.
- Maintains regular, direct contact with Oerlikon Metco Sales Force and both internal and external customers such as the Materials and Equipment R&D and Operational Units.
- Maintains strict adherence to Oerlikon Metco internal procedures and safety regulations pertaining to thermal spraying and coating evaluation.
- Guides Thermal Spray Operators within the CSC Organization.
- Trains, supports and transfers knowledge and experience to Field Service, Direct Sales, and various departments within Oerlikon Metco.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Technical degree in materials science/mechanical engineering or related field
- 3 years job experience in thermal spray or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly developed quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of coating technologies and techniques
- Strong business acumen and ability to apply engineering science
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.