Position: Production Supervisor- Machine Shop
Location: Huntersville, NC (with training in Barboursville, WV)
Open position for candidates interested in joining our team an manage our Machine and Grind shop at our Huntersville NC location. Looking for experience person with great communication, management, team building, and organizational skills. Must have proficient knowledge with tight tolerance precision capabilities, low and high volume production, blue print reading, experienced in CAD/CAM software, jigs and fixture design, experience in working with purchasing and procurement, great communication and team building skills. Will play a strong role to continue an help improve production processes with regards to safety, health, environmental, quality, and productivity while minimizing wastes and costs. Needs a thorough understanding of shop management, thermal spray coatings, standards, concepts, practices, and procedures for machining operations. Dedicated and driven person to meet challenges and support the day-to-day business needs while pursuing company goals.
- Managed and support all customer accounts.
- Provide quotes to customer based on their RFQ.
- Monitor and Instruct team members of daily duties and schedules
- Train team members on Vertical, Internal, Rotary, and Cylindrical Grinders, conventional lathes and mills, CNC Mill Turn lathes, CNC vertical mills, key seaters, and burnishing equipment.
- Implement processes and procedures to manufacture high precision pump shafts, stationary rings, case rings, bushings, sleeves, and impellers.
- Implement processes and procedures to grind and super polish HVOF, Plasma, and Wire Arc coatings that reduce costs and labor times in half to increase probability.
- Responsible for contract review of orders received from customers, input into SAP for credit checks, create work orders for production floor and ensure work orders matched work on PO/Quote to eliminate unnecessary work from being performed and production floor meets demands of customer and their PO.
- Track and manage all rework and negative costs along with implement processes and procedures to reduce rework.
- Manage shop and team to produce tolerances less than .0005” with finishes less than 1 Ra um inch daily.
- Maintain strong relationship with external and internal customers
- Implement solutions for maintenance issues
- Develop and maintain PM program for Maintenance Department.
- Experience with various thermal spray coatings and applications
- Work directly with management team and other departments to reach company goals
- Create and develop procedures and work instructions for various jobs, and create documentation per ISO requirements.
- Work daily with sales technicians and key account managers in all regions to aid with applications, services, and quotations with all external customers.
- Implement processes, procedures, and actions to improve safety in responsible departments
- Produce CAPEX to purchase equipment for future capabilities
- Experience with purchasing and procurement for facility, projects, and cost savings.
- General knowledge CAD software to design tooling, jigs, and fixture and create blue prints for improved communication.
- General knowledge CAM software to program CNC equipment.
- Experience verifying setups, offsets, and tool compensation of CNC equipment
- Experience in setup’s and proving out new programs and processes on machining equipment.
- Communicate and work with operators to ensure correct procedures and process are being performed.
- Coordinate with top level management on production and scheduling.
- Work with team members to train employees on new processes and procedures with in department.
- Use inspection tools to verify dimensions and tolerances such as CMM, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials, tooling and consumables.
- Estimate and generate quotes on pieces and parts for all responsible production departments.
- Clearly communicate with management, customers internal and external, and co-workers.
- Create cost saving projects to minimize waste and lower expenses.
- Maintain professional level of organization with high attention to detail and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and sales representatives on new technologies.
- Participate with all departments within facility to achieve goals.
- Minimum: Associate’s in Management or Manufacturing Engineering from accredited community college.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Management, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university.
- Certifications of skills related to industries preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must be proficient in CAD/CAM software
- Proficient in reading blue prints.
- Minimum five years’ experience in shop management
- Minimum five years’ experience in machining and manufacture of low or high volume parts.
- Minimum five year experience in a manufacturing and industrial environment.
- Experience in Jig and Fixture Design.
- High Attention to details.
- Organizational Skills
- OSHA Safety Certifications preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications preferred.
- Proficient in using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.