Position: Production Supervisor
The production supervisor will help lead the production team and assure material properly flows through the shop floor from raw material to finished goods shipment. The production supervisor will manage the daily tasks of the operations team. The individual will also assure SAP correctly reflects the physical status on the shop floor and work to remove roadblocks when material is not flowing through production. This is a key oversight and checks/balances in SAP.
The production supervisor must be flexible to work overtime including weekends, when necessary or required, and must be willing to work in any shift (first, split, or night) or schedule as required.
- Team leads in Screening, Packaging, Cladding, and Titanium will report directly to the Production Supervisor. The atomization supervisor will continue to report to the Director of Operations, though the SAP tasks and oversight in atomization will be managed by the production supervisor. The atomization and production supervisor will work together to drive productivity through the facility.
- SAP onsite focal for checking production transactions and providing proper oversight and feedback to the shop floor. Check SB1 (as-atomized material), SB2 (screened material), and FG (finished goods) production orders.
- Work with Global SAP team to implement proper training for production transactions.
- Analyze production variances with finance and production team. Work with team to mitigate why there variances are occurring. Run frequent reports to correct before end of month reports.
- Support end of month reports for production.
- Facilitate cycle counting process and provide operational oversight for the process.
- Become a site master data champion in SAP.
- Track material in SAP from charge build to finished goods by running frequent reports. If material is paused at a certain point in the process, work with production and support teams to resolve issues.
- When material is screened and conforming, coordinate packaging and shipment of product with production and logistics focals.
- Work with planning to verify schedule correctly reflects orders to satisfy demand.
- Work with Troy team on material being process at their facility.
- Own the Tier 2 metrics: Delivery, Productivity, and Inventory. Update and communicate to the production team in daily meetings.
- Comply with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies -- corporate and regulatory. Ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Implement Oerlikon Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Onboard new employees. Coach, mentor, and nurture employee development and growth.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, lean behaviors, and productivity. Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience in operations/production/manufacturing.
- Technical training in product line.
- Expertise in production and operations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- SAP or ERP experience highly desired.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent at working with cross-functional organizations.
- Problem solving facilitator.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.