Location: Westbury, NY
Production Supervisor will supervise the safe and efficient production of powdered metal and ceramics products; processes may include spray drying, mechanical cladding, vibratory screening, air classifying, blending, and/or packaging. Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, and productivity goals. Maintain accurate time and production records, including SAP transactions. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Coach, mentor, and develop employees to meet or exceed area goals and lead by example. Continually innovate and improve processes and procedures to achieve best-in-class processes and products.
- Comply with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies – corporate and regulatory.
- Ensure that the Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of Safety are followed at all times.
- Implement Oerlikon Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Direct, supervise and monitor team leads and team members to meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, productivity, inventory, and operational excellence goals.
- Work with relevant parties to write, review and/or approve job hazard analysis, risk assessments, work instructions and procedures.
- Ensure procedures are in place, teammates are trained, and procedures are followed.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires.
- Oversee mentoring by leads.
- Identify, coordinate and/or conduct training around job hazards, work instructions and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve problems affecting HSE, quality, productivity, inventory, and operational excellence when required.
- Ensure proper inventory of materials, supplies, and consumables at all times. Maintain employee time and production records using SAP.
- Prepare and coordinate production and operator schedules to cover vacations, illness, and training within company guidelines.
- Adjust as required to meet daily goals.
- Conduct job performance reviews; recommend job performance improvement plans; coach, mentor and nurture employee development and growth.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, operational excellence, and productivity.
- Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities. Represents site management during off-shifts. Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able to work any shift (6:30am-2:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm, 10pm-6:30am) and rotate shifts as required to keep production moving and cover vacations/illnesses.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing, preferably in a foundry/chemical environment (Highly Preferred)
- Completed a high school diploma or GED. Familiarity and experience with 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and ERP systems (ie. SAP).
- Must be a contributor to production and comfortable working alongside production staff; must complete operator training in areas of responsibility.
- Must read, understand, and comply with all Environmental, Safety, Health, and Quality procedures and policies – both - corporate and regulatory, and ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Must be able to work with easy mathematical formulas (mathematical skills required) Must be able to read and understand Risk Assessment (RA) and Job Hazards Analysis (JHA).
- Must use safe behavior at all times and ensure safe behavior of operators.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when required and ensure operators wear appropriate PPE when required; respirators may be required.
- Must be able to read and understand standard operating procedures, material specifications, and instruction manuals in English.
- Must not operate or energize equipment, for which you have not been properly trained.
- Must keep working areas neat, tidy and organized at all times. Must actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Opportunity to volunteer as a First Responder (First aid, CPR, AED training required).
- Be able to provide positive mentoring, coaching and training to operators and leads.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.