Position: Production Planner
Location: Troy, MI
Responsible for the planning, execution and management of production/process orders including material requirements planning and ensuring conformance with product specifications. Continuously monitor, analyze, troubleshoot and improve processes to meet Company and Production Department Goals & Objectives.
- Embrace and comply with current Plant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies related to production planning and execution.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring production activities to meet production targets in quality, quantity, and delivery date. It is expected that any foreseen failure to deliver on time be communicated to the appropriate individuals within the organization in a timely manner.
- Ensure materials delivery dates meet planned forecast through the understanding of the manufacturing process as well as MRP parameters / planning strategies.
- Requirement planning for Raw-Materials in corporation with procurement.
- Maintain replenishing pull and Kanban settings in SAP ERP System. Following the policies and planning strategies
- Communicate with plant Operations leader to ensure production orders are followed correctly; respond to questions and concerns raised on the plant floor. Resolve deviations with the assistance of the Operations Team.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity in SAP/MES and other Company information systems and maintain optimal work-in-process inventory as well the required raw / starter stock material.
- Provide assistance, when needed, to other departments who need production resources for projects such as product transitions/introductions and customer complaint investigations.
- Continuous learning of technical and non-technical skills related to planning, workplace safety and operations supervision.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through 5-S and other lean manufacturing methodologies
- A diploma or university degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Material Requirement Planning (MRP) – preferred Production Planning experience
- Excellent SAP knowledge preferred, MS-Office knowledge
- Strong knowledge of and experience in scheduling shop floor, capacity control and inventory control.
- Excellent in both verbal and written communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- Incumbent should be detail oriented with good prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Good team player and flexible
- Strong analytical background
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.