Position: Production Manager- Finishing
Location: Troy, Michigan
Responsible for assisting with the development of the strategic plan for manufacturing operations in the Screening, Canning, Cladding, Blending, and Tape and Paste. Plans and directs production and supports activities so that products are manufactured safely and on-time within quality standards and cost objectives. This position must maintain and innovate processes and procedures for continual improvement and sustainable profitability. This position plans and directs projects while providing technical expertise as required.
- Accountable for Oerlikon Five Golden Rules at all times.
- Establish a positive safe work environment to implement Oerlikon Core Values of Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation
- Provides direction and vision for manufacturing activities supporting long-term corporate goals and strategy.
- Accountable for safety, health, environmental, quality, production, delivery, financial and capital goals and objectives for production, maintenance, and engineering.
- Accountable for production/maintenance/engineering costs and outputs to satisfy customer demands at minimal inventory levels and scraps.
- Establishes, monitors and controls key performance indicator to effectively drive manufacturing.
- Schedule, direct and monitor supervisors, lead staff, and supporting engineers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established safe manufacturing procedures.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff while working closely with HR to ensure high performance and retention.
- Initiate and coordinate major capital projects.
- Innovate and develop new processes and products to support and grow the business.
- Liaison with PLM’s and R & D to ensure operations are aligned and responding to customer needs.
- Attend industry tradeshows and technical events to stay current.
- Provides rotational on call coverage to respond to off-hours problems and incidents.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- S. in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 15 years in manufacturing or technology management with increasing responsibilities.
- Health and Safety (OSHA 30).
- Must be proficient with computers (Windows, SAP, Office) and data-mining.
- Master understanding of induction melting, gas atomization, gas systems, sizing, filtration, and packaging operations and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of product and process development.
- Knowledge of quality toolbox, lean manufacturing, and 5S principles.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.