Process Manager - Forming Tools
- Ensuring Centers involved in producing product for their assigned Segment are prepared, equipped and staffed to support Market Segment growth strategies as defined by the Segment Manager
- Ensuring consistency of processes throughout Centers of Competence
- Act as Operational Expert in the assigned Segment supporting the Segment Manager as needed
- Develop and implement new production solutions, and standardized processes based on customer and segment requirements
- Work closely with the Fixture Designer for improved solutions
- Develop a local Process Technician for each Center of Competence who is trained to ensure consistent and accurate deployment of Segment processes at the local level
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure compliance
- Follow all standards and work with BTS to complete all actions and needs to develop/implement new processes
- Work with Quality to develop solutions from all complaints
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree, engineering preferred; Experience substitutes
- 5+ years of experience managing in an Operations environment
- Demonstrated history of progressive operational responsibility
- Strong Leadership and people-oriented Skills
- Specific Market Segment knowledge such as product applications, materials, quality specifications, etc.
- Business Acumen – Have in depth knowledge of the Market Segment, customer applications, and Surface Treatment applications such as pre and post treatments, Heat treatment, coatings, etc. Serve as the primary resource within Operations for all Segment related topics.
- Cooperative Relationships – must have the ability to earn respect, trust and confidence of employees through informative and effective communication; make sound, timely decisions; ability to inspire and motivate through a shared vision.
- Process management – Establishes and documents segment specific Part and Process Specification (PPS) and conducts periodic audits to control/ensure proper deployment, implementation and usage of standardized processes.
- Perspective – Must think regionally in order to ensure consistency of all Segment processes, solutions and customer needs. Participate and influence global standardization efforts for fixtures, processes, equipment and training needs.
- Understanding Others – must be able to work with teams throughout the Region to influence standardization of processes and overcome the inevitable “not invented here” syndrome
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.