Process Engineer- Intern - Entry Level
Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written form.
Must be familiar with standard Microsoft Office, and/or other project management tools.
1. Develop and improve process parameters and expand the knowledge base for powder manufacturing related to thermal spray powders.
2. Under limited guidance from Manager, formulates project plans
3. Practices Safe use of equipment, identify unsafe working environment within the lab
4. Leads individual project activities for material research and development, material process development, product support, and validation.
5. Ensures that project/program assignments meet established technical requirements, budget and time schedules. This includes guidance in the use of materials and associated processes for materials manufacturing.
6. Oversees the maintenance and organization of process equipment and process development records and reports
7. Generate and maintain engineering reports, status reviews, and project update presentations.
8. Maintains strict adherence to internal procedures, safety regulations pertaining to materials R&D, material manufacturing processes and materials handling.
• Technical degree in Materials Science and Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Research and Engineering Project management experience
• Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs of weight.
• Must be able to stand and work continuously
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.