On Call Inspector
On Call position, 20 hours per week with flexibility.
The Inspector will work in a self-directed capacity in a changing environment. He/She will enter the customers’ information into computer and will conduct a visual inspection while racking pieces. The Inspector will identify specific customer coating instructions. Attention to detail is critical. The Inspector will draw upon training and experience to make important processing decisions. As part of the Inspector’s primary responsibilities, this individual will also ensure that once the customers’ products have been processed, they are inspected for quality, repackaged, and shipped in accordance with Oerlikon Balzers procedures.
- Receive and conduct visual inspection to customers’ product prior to processing
- travel card identifying process sequence
- Prepare product for coating
- Conduct visual inspection after coating following Oerlikon Balzers guidelines
- Document coating thickness in accordance with guidelines by using XRF equipment
- Defixture and pack customer product for shipping
- Ship using various shipping software
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Cross-train into various departments
- Perform other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
- Follow all company policies and safety rules
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Share information as required with team members
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Maintain professional attitude when dealing with customers and associates
- Understands work flow and prioritization
- Works well with deadlines
- Must be able to work independently (minimal supervision)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, life, and carry as needed
- Manual dexterity
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.