We are seeking an experienced Metal Finisher to provide first class metal finishing to die sections and die casting tools, prior to PVD treatment according to the Oerlikon Balzers standards. Reporting to the Centre Manager, this position will have significant responsibility for ensuring the overall quality control of production services provided for Forming Tools through rigorous quality checks pre and post treatment.
- Metal finishing of stamping forming die steels and die casting tools
- Metallurgical checks of tooling including Spectro, hardness checks, and heat treatment determination of tools
- Quality control documentation for customers as required
- Maintain measurement devices
- Additional projects as required
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required
- 3+ years’ experience die making or metal finishing from a stamping, die cast or plastic injection mold shop is preferred.
- Must have strong proficiency working with various polishing methods and tools to achieve a mirror surface prior to coating
- Previous quality control experience is desired as well as experience working with quality systems
- Previous experience working with precision coatings and/ or plastic mold polishing is highly desired
- Experience with MS Office is required
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a results-driven team-player with a strong attention to detail
- Competitive salary in a fast paced leading edge environment;
- Comprehensive total rewards package including extended health and dental benefits, life insurance, company sponsored pension plan and much more!
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.