Material Handler - Logistics
Helps to maintain warehouse stock and assist in fulfilling orders. Our Material Handlers will be responsible for unloading product deliveries, staging products based on customer orders and assisting with organizing and maintaining existing inventory. This position will report to Warehouse Supervisor / Warehouse Management Team
- Operate forklifts, reach trucks and stock pickers to receive, ship, load, unload, move and store products and materials in a safe manner that assures material will be safe from damage and accurately accounted for.
- Utilize and operate RF Scanner Technology and Transportation Management System (TMS) Software to pick, pack and ship Customer and Intercompany Orders.
- Operate forklifts, reach trucks and stock pickers.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs
- Adhere to all safety requirements associated with assigned duties and work location.
- Performs other duties as assigned that would lead to the successful operation of department, team and/or mission.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed to operate a forklift, available to work overtime hours during the busier times of the year and able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Knowledge equivalent to high school, industrial or trade training. Must be able to read and understand instructions.
- 3-5 years of Material Handling/Warehouse Associate experience involving picking, packing and put away of materials in production operations
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.