Market Segment Manager (m/f/d) for the Energy Market (Power Generation / Oil & Gas)
We are looking for a Market Segment Manager (m/f) for the Energy Market (Power Generation / Oil & Gas). You will be a member of the Industry Segment Manager Team (ISM) Precision Components and report to the Head of Global Sales & Market Marketing. In this position you will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy and product portfolio for the Power Generation / Oil & Gas market. You will identify the market trends and accumulate and evaluate all market intelligence information necessary to expand our customer base and product portfolio. Overall objective is to establish Oerlikon Surface Solutions as the market leader in the industry segment.
- Implement the segment strategy for our product portfolio to establish a sustainable competitive advantage in the market
- Lead specific Global / Key Accounts Power Generation / Oil & Gas market
- Identify Market Opportunities including organic growth and acquisitions. Ensure entire organization is coordinated in the approach
- Understand market needs and transfer them to the organization (monitor industry technology trends and needs; define corresponding development initiatives). Lead product innovation teams
- Pro-actively recommend changes in our product portfolio based on industry segment needs
- Monitor industry segment sales and profitability on a frequent basis and quickly react to plan deviations
- Identify key opinion leaders in the industry segment for coating solutions and ensure appropriate and regular communication
- Drive Market communications (Develop value stories, lead promotional activities like technical papers, conferences, articles, events, seminars, newsletter, etc.)
- Work together with internal R&D, sales, marketing and key functional departments and support Oerlikon Service Solutions long term technology vision by identifying key technologies and products
- University degree in natural science, engineering or economics
- At least 7 years of experiences in business and marketing strategy development in a multinational company in a technical environment
- Strong knowledge and existing network in the Energy Industry
- Very strong project management competence in managing complex projects in different locations and cultures
- Very strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills
- Strategic, analytical and conceptual strengths
- Self-driven, open and positive mind-set with experience in cross-culture business environment
- Flexible to substantial travel internationally
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages will be a plus
- A place among a workforce of motivated, creative, and well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Challenging position with potential for future development
- A competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package
- The professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements
The location of this role is negotiable, at one of our Oerlikon sites.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online tool and we kindly ask you not to send your application via email.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103