Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Troy, MI
Under limited guidance and supervision, performs a variety of construction, maintenance and repair work on equipment, machinery, and buildings in accordance with applicable state and local statutes to provide a working, economical and functional environment necessary for both personnel and equipment to produce the products and services of Oerlikon Metco (US) Inc. May give work direction to other Maintenance Technicians. Performs basic maintenance of the electrical operating systems of the physical plant. Electrical systems include the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of power supplies, wiring, circuit breakers, lighting, and other electrical devices. Performs basic maintenance of the mechanical operating systems of the physical plant. Mechanical systems include HVAC systems, compressors, boilers, dust collectors, pipes, valves, furnaces, faucets, toilets, hydraulics, and other mechanical devices. Operate cranes, scissor lifts & fork trucks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Per form daily safety inspections on cranes and other equipment.
- Responds to facilities work requests from customers requiring facility support with general maintenance and plant safety issues. This will include diagnosis/repair of electrical systems, motors, hydraulic units/cylinders, and pneumatic systems.
- Performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains the grounds and security under direction of supervisor.
- 3- 5 years maintenance experience. Must be familiar with the general maintenance and repair of building equipment, lighting, electrical power and distribution systems.
- Must have general knowledge and skills to perform basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical wiring. Must have mechanical ability to assemble and disassemble mechanical systems.
- Must be able to read drawings and transform drawing information from drawing to finished product.
- Must be available to be “On-Call” during off-shift hours, in order to responds to issues that might arise.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.