Under minimum supervision performs intricate sheet metal, assembly, and computerized machining operations to fabricate, repair and install experimental and prototype parts and components for a wide variety of systems.
- Work from blueprints and sketches, with a minimum of information, to develop a sequence of methods for making parts in a production environment.
- Set up and perform precise machining, and CNC machining operations to fabricate production quantities.
- Use all machine shop inspection equipment and electrical/electronic instruments to perform routine inspection techniques and procedures.
- Typically provide direction to lower level machinists and technicians on an assigned project.
- May participate in field trips to install experimental equipment or be temporarily assigned to a laboratory to assist an engineer.
- Keeps tools and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and policies associated with assigned duties and work locations
- Performs other duties as required.
Study and knowledge equivalent to high school or technical school, plus two years apprenticeship training and 7 – 10 years diversified machining experience.
Must have the ability to use handbook formulas and advanced shop mathematics.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.