The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible to enhance product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Create and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Plan and coordinate transportation of materials and manage the timely flow of customer orders, RMAs, and project shipments. Strong focus on monitoring and coordinating the delivery, pickup and drop off schedules with vendors both manually and through web interface.
- Arrange and schedules domestic and International shipments directly with Freight Forwarders, Common Carriers and Customs Brokers
- Prepare loads for shipment and takes steps to avoid quality control issues with Carriers and Forwarders
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Streamline shipping and transportation processes
- Address problems with order flow or shipping delays and quality-control issues, such as damaged or improperly packed goods, as well as day-to-day concerns with warehouse capacity and client deadlines.
- Responsible for the tracking and tracing of all domestic and international shipments
- Ensure that internal and external customers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service throughout the flow of order processing
- Maintain perpetual inventory control, including cycle count process and variance tracking. Continuous process improvement to achieve inventory accuracy and planned inventory turnover rates. Quarterly inventory review reporting for management team
- 5+ years proven experience as Logistics Coordinator
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- ERP experience with a working knowledge of logistics software (WMS/TMS). SAP experience a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BS/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field. Equivalent Job Experience
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.