Title: Lead Technical Trainer - South
Location: Rock Hill, SC
The Lead Technical Trainer responsible for Technician (Machine Operator) and Inspector training in the Centers assigned. Responsibilities include training in all technical processes in the Center including receiving, incoming inspection, outgoing inspection, operation processes for pre and post treatment, load building, batch exchange, and coating machine operations, etc. The Area Lead Trainer has a dotted line relationship with and is responsible for training, directing and advising the Local Training Process Owners (LPOs) where they exist in each Center. The area Lead Trainer has a solid Line relationship with the Training Manager and a dotted line to their local DSO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all safety training and precautions are met including the use of PPE
- Ensure training of process standards are done thoroughly and with a true understanding of why they are necessary
- Help track and document progress of each employee using Train Track
- Training responsibility includes, incoming and outgoing inspection, all technical processes such as cleaning, blasting, fixture maintenance, load building, batch preparation, batch exchange, routine machine maintenance, post treatment
- Training technicians in OB Standards
- Drive for Results
- Cooperative Relationships
- Action Oriented
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Five years plus in thin film coating experience
- Broad knowledge of all processes
- Hands-on, detail-oriented
- Works well with others
- Patient and willing to help others
- This position requires approximately 50% travel
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.