Laser Cladding Process Operator
Sets up and operates all equipment within the laser cladding production environment. Responsible for measuring and controlling product quality and making process changes within the scope of the standard operating procedures. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Reports to shift supervisor on production status, problems, and deviations
• Reads and applies information contained in specifications to determine equipment settings that impact product outputs
• Ability to perform pre-, in process-, and final dimensional inspection using micrometers, calipers, and other measuring devices
• Working knowledge with set ups, programs, and operation of multi axis robots or CNC equipment
• The ability to modify robotic or CNC programs at or above beginner level
• Examine material in order to ensure conformance to established standards
• Review job traveler and drawings to determine areas of part to be laser clad
• Ensure that correct materials are being utilized according production records and planner schedule
• Prepare parts for laser cladding to include cleaning, fixturing, and grit blasting if needed
• Operate robotic or CNC laser cladding systems in a job shop atmosphere
• Setup various types of tooling, fixturing, and parts for laser cladding
• Monitor machine parameters affecting the quality of the coating including console readings, and process temperatures
• Ability to service and maintain laser and powder feeder equipment
• Assists with inventory management • Maintains department housekeeping standards
• Follow all Environmental and Health and Safety Policy requirements
• Available to work overtime when needed (extended shift and/or work weekends)
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years robotic, CNC machining, or welding industry experience preferred
• Operates lift truck and other material handling equipment Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to read blueprints preferred • Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in English
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and management
• Experience in MS Office applications
• Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP • Must be highly organized
• Must have high attention to detail
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must possess effective decision making and problem solving skills
• Must have basic knowledge of machining and manufacturing practices
- Benefits packages - eligible with NO waiting period
- 401K with match from employer
- Tuition Reimbusement
- Life Insurance - company paid
- AD&D Insurance - company paid
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.