IoT Software Engineer
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and PLC systems, as well as designing interface with hardware, if required.
- Coordinate with UI design team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design and more.
- Bring in technical capability in Cloud Data architecture and analysis, Industrial IoT, and related topics. Manage links between IoT supplier platform and organization IT.
- Assess third party and open source software. Develop necessary codes for dashboarding and other cloud Apps, as well as test and maintain the codes.
- Help to define the best IoT and IT architecture for different customers with different IT infrastructures and restrictions.
- Ensure back-end integration towards different solutions like CRM, Sharepoint, our internal master data management system (ERP), Big Data databases.
- BS or higher Degree in computer science or software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud software programming and industrial IoT
- 2+ years of experience in HMI software design for industrial machines
- Experience in PLC and embedded software programming
- Familiarity with big data structure and analysis, Cloud-based solutions, and Industry 4.0
- Fluent in English (level C1). German is a plus
- A challenging position with potential for future development
- Ability to learn and to exercise individual initiative
- A variety of career opportunities within our successful international industrial corporation
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.