Operations Manager HR
Position Summary and Essential Accountabilities:
The HR Consulting & Operations Manager will report directly to an Area Head of HR Consulting & Operations within Surface Solutions Americas. This role will primarily be responsible for consulting the business in the execution of HR standards, tools and policies, acting as a point of contact for personal/individual people topics, as well as the execution of Surface Solutions People Processes along the employee lifecycle within his/her defined scope and in alignment with Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures and Regional COEs.
* Manage transactional steps of the Talent Acquisition process including Onboarding
* Ensure delivery of Leadership Excellence Training to all colleagues within his/her defined scope
* Facilitate the Performance Management process within Umatter including reporting, data management, and technical support for colleagues as needed
* Ensure Pension and Benefits schemes are communicated to colleagues, administered properly, and aligned with Oerlikon global policies and Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures
* Ensure that the Annual Compensation Review (including variable pay) is properly defined and reviewed in a timely manner in accordance with Oerlikon global policies and Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures
* Facilitate changes in Talent including consulting the business as needed throughout the process, minimizing legal cost and risk during termination proceedings, and ensure former colleagues respect throughout
* Manage in an accurate, confidential and secure manner, all employee data within his/her defined scope
* Manage relationships and agreements with Unions and ensure alignment next level up with the Surface Solutions Americas HR organization
* Manage and/or support payroll data processing to ensure accurate and timely payments to colleagues within his/her defined scope
* Ensure headcount reporting is accurate and timely for his/her defined scope
* Ensure aligned and effective People Communication occurs in alignment with Surface Solutions Americas policies & procedures
* Proactively consult both managers and colleagues regarding career/development, leadership, retention and engagement topics as needed to drive continuous improvement and growth
* Support Labor Relations activities as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources Management is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
* 5-10 years Human Resources supervisory/management experience supporting multi-site operations is required
* 3 years of direct Talent Acquisition (full life cycle) experience is required
* Must have intermediate to advance experience using MS Excel and PowerPoint for presentations and reporting.
* Strong proficiency working with HR databases and systems for day-to-day matters as well as analytics (i.e.; ERP system experience is a plus)
* Must be organized, detail-oriented, highly flexible and able to multi-task as well as work quickly with tight deadlines
* Must be have senior HR generalist expertise with a strong ethical, customer service, and interpersonal/ collaborative work style
* 15 - 30% travel is required as necessary