The Human Resources Generalist is an HR Practioner in the organization. The role of the Human Resource Generalist is to be responsible for developing and building positive relationships with the designated operational facilities with employee groups and support Management/Supervisors with respect to the following: Employee Relations, HR Policies and Procedures, Performance Management, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Onboarding, and assist in administering benefits and compensation.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for both hourly and salary open positions; collaborates with supervisors and managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Collaborate with the human resources team and site management to develop effective recruitment strategies and identify future staffing needs.
- Prepare new hire paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience. Build on that on-boarding plan for 30, 60 and 90 day to acclimate the new hire to our organization.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding such as tax forms, I9, other new hire orientation topics. This assignment includes entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Oversees Temporary Employees as the “On-Site Coordinator”.
- Coordinates & facilitates random drug tests, on demand, pre and post drug/alcohol tests.
- Maintain employee personnel records. Collaborate with supervisors/managers and employees to resolve fundamental employee relations issues; guides decision-making process, and prepares corrective actions, facilitates involuntary terminations and communications. Understands and applies fundamental employment standards requirements/legislation for consistency, compliance and efficiency within the organization.
- Provide employee relations support and coaching to employee base in effective Human Resources practices such as attendance, tardiness, conflict management, recruitment, and other topics as required. Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Partners with the business in the performance management process during mid and year-end performance review process by ensuring New Employee Progress reports, mid-year and annual performance evaluations are completed. Assist/coach supervisors/managers when required and participate in employee coaching sessions.
- Assist managers/supervisors with the preparation of employee development plans and ensure consistent monitoring of those plans.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Monitors employee morale and company culture and make recommendations to the site manager for enhancements.
- Coordinates and communicates the process for employee disability, FMLA and Leave of absence benefits with employees, supervisors, and 3rd party providers.
- Participate, if necessary, in any reduction of work force, misconduct terminations, conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective actions if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Natural interpersonal ability to connect with employees.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple priorities and sites.
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and maintain confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Must be comfortable in a manufacturing setting and doing daily walk thru to see employees on the front line and production floor.
- Ability to travel anywhere from 50% to 100% to the sites.
HR Generalist Core Competencies
- Customer-Focused: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of service. Technically Knowledgeable: Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to accomplish a specific task, job or function.
- Problem-Solver: Demonstrates a broad repertoire of ways to think about, understand and creatively handle complex ideas, problems and situations.
- Planner and Organizer: Proactively develops and ensures the smooth implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Interpersonally Effective: Creates and sustains positive working relationships.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in conduct of all activities. anagement systems.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.