Head of Sales Europe (m/f/d) in the Aero, Energy, Automotive & Additive Manufacturing Market
As Head of Sales (m/f/d) for the region Europe you are having a significant role in the development and implementation of the 5 Year Business Plan and in defining go-to-market approaches based on sales strategy. As such you will report directly to the Global Head of Sales for Metco Aero & Energy.
You will be responsible for building and developing the sales team Europe, an effective team of expertly qualified, top-notch sales professionals across the region, in order to achieve our ambitious goals and objectives – to establish our business unit Oerlikon Metco Aero & Energy as the market leader in the industry segment.
- Defining and executing the sales strategy for the region Europe in line with the global sales strategy of Oerlikon Metco Aero & Energy
- Responsible for continuous business development and the sales performance in the region
- Delivering top line as defined for the region Europe in the 5YBP and budget
- Monitoring and understanding market needs and transferring them into the organization
- Ensuring high standards regarding commercial negotiations, customer service & satisfaction and contract quality at all times
- Leading sales training initiatives for all territory, and technical sales specialists in the region as needed
- Organizing and controlling sales programs (and their implementation) and analyzing the results to ensure a high level of sales and service
- Monitoring industry segment sales and profitability on a frequent basis and quickly react to plan deviations
- Coordinating and preparing customer proposals and budgets for new and existing business opportunities
- Collaborating globally, regionally, and in-country as needed to foster good working relationships and team spirit towards pears and direct reports
- Providing relevant reports to Top Management
- Education in Mechanical, Industrial or Material Engineering; Business education (MBA, Dipl., BA) is an advantage
- 15+ years of experience in managing a cross country sales team or multi-site machining plant operation for an OEM or Tier 1 supplier in the Aerospace or IGT industry
- Experience and strong network espacially in the Aero & Energy supplying industry combined with a strong business acumen, ability to drive sales processes and commitment to relationship building with global customers
- Strong competency in the Aero & Energy “Eco-System”, consultative sales processes and solution selling; experience in the Automotive and 3D Printing industry are beneficial
- Demonstrated success with building a strategy in a complex environment and implementation with a diverse international team
- Solid experience and motivation in developing divers sales people of the organization into an effective team of top-notch sales professionals
- Ability to understand and interpret technical requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German would be an asset, any other language beneficial
- Flexible to substantial travel internationally
- A place among a workforce of motivated, creative, and technically well-trained people with a high degree of initiative
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (different industries like Aero, Energy, Automotive, 3D printing)
- Challenging position with potential for future development
- The professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online tool and we kindly ask you not to send your application via email.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials, services, specialized machining services and components. Operating a dynamically growing network of more than 40 sites in EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific, Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.