Head of Production Technology
This position is a key position by Oerlikon Balzers Industrial Solutions, a Business Unit of the Oerlikon group. The position owner’s responsibility is to insure Balzers pre and post-treatment processes innovation, development, efficiency and support on a global level. This includes all peripherals equipment and processes as e.g. cleaning, stripping, dry and wet pre and post-treatment.
- You define the Production Technology Strategy together with Market Segment Managers and verify the Production Technology road-map
- You continuously improve the efficiency and quality of our processes and equipment
- Make sure all approved equipment and processes are compliant with the local laws and regulations and with the Oerlikon HSE standards
- Determine and implement standards for all our pre-and post-treatment equipment and processes and insure the standards are implemented globally also you manage the innovation with the surface pre and post-treatment
- Identify new or alternative equipment suppliers and manager the technical approval together with procurement
- Support R&D with new service solution transfer to production and generate the production instruction and define all pre- and post-treatment parameters
- Leadership experience with direct line responsibilities
- Experience with innovation management and processes as with Project Management processes, acted as Project Manager for major projects
- Strategic mindset, conceptual disposition and a high degree of technical understanding
- Experience in managing a production line or a development group in an international company (heat treatment, tooling industry or automotive/automotive supplier industry)
- Good Know-how with the coating technology, especially PVD, is a plus
- Minimum a University degree in Mechanical engineering, Natural/material sciences, Physics, Chemistry, manufacturing technology
- You are ready to travel and it is beneficial if you speak other languages then English
You can expect: A motivated team and exciting challenges as well as an attractive remuneration with corresponding social benefits. As a modern company, we offer a flexible working time model and diverse development opportunities.
Place of work is Bingen (Germany) or Balzers (Liechtenstein)Thats what your looking for? Then we are pleased to get to know you and we are looking forward for your application. For further questions, pls dont hesitate to contact us.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 281
Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans. Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions. A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.
Oerlikon Balzers is one of the world’s leading suppliers of surface technologies that significantly improve the performance and durability of precision components as well as tools for the metal and plastics processing industries. Oerlikon Balzers operates a dynamically growing network of more than 100 coating centres in 35 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team.