Group Lead III
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Position overview: Responsible for all pieces produced, with emphasis on quality and efficiency. Great communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with other production personnel are required. Follow company policies and procedures, actively participate in continuous improvement initiates, and engages in the company core values. This position needs to follow HSE and Quality Standards and maintain cleanliness work areas.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is committed to total customer satisfaction. We expect the same commitment from our employees with regards to satisfaction, customer specific requirements, workmanship, and continual quality improvements. Embraces our corporate values, goals, mission and vision.
Oerlikon Friction Systems (US) Inc. is also committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its associates and all others visiting or working on our site. We expect all associates to actively participate in the protection of the health and safety of themselves and all others on the site as well as the conservation of resources and the protection of the environment.
Must participate and contribute in ongoing trainings to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP, CONTROL PLAN, & PFMEA) as applicable to the position. The supervisors and managers will identify training for each of their respective employees.
- Performs typical machine operation duties to include some machine troubleshooting, quality checks, and finished product labeling in a fast-paced environment
- Performs typical press operations to support the assembly floor
- Responsible to ensure all quality standards are met on all pieces produced
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Must be able to use mics/calipers and any other gages as needed
- Communicates clearly with all co-workers and supervision
- Must conform to current health, environmental and safety standards
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must satisfy all quality standards and quality processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management
- Must be able to perform daily maintenance including equipment cleaning, making minor adjustments on assigned production equipment as necessary to maintain and enhance production of quality parts in an efficient fashion
- Must be able to set-up for production on the press, job prioritizing and sequencing
- Able to perform basic set-ups on these machines and tools that are used in them
- Ensures own safety and the safety of others by following all safety regulations
- Conforms to and stays abreast to company policies
- Commits to corporate goals, mission and vision
- Must be able to perform necessary computer functions for the job
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.