The Head of Global Materials Logistics is responsible for the development and performance of the Oerlikon Metco Materials Global Logistics function and footprint. This includes direct management of the Company's logistics operations all over the world, including warehouse management, incoming and outbound freight, traffic management and Import/Export Compliance.
The role includes the responsibility for the global logistics strategies, covering short-, mid- and long-term improvement plans. The incumbent is reporting to the Head of Global Materials Supply Chain Management and strongly leads the logistics areas of the Oerlikon Locations. Furthermore, you are a central point of contact for Oerlikon Management for topics linked to Materials Logistics.
- You lead the global Materials Logistics in alignment with the Business Line’s strategy and objectives by assuring best in class processes next to industry leading cost structures and service levels by minimizing Logistics risks
- Establish Logistics strategies, policies, procedures and ensure global standardization incl. best practice sharing across all Materials manufacturing and distribution sites
- Structure, plan and prioritize global logistics improvement project execution based upon intended results/impact, ease of execution and availability of resources
- Monitor, measure and report key functional KPI’s and proactively drive corrective action in case of deviation to target levels
- You lead and staff the global logistics team, also you are responsible for the performance and development
- Proven leadership track record in Logistics of a multinational company in a technical manufacturing and distribution environment
- Bachelor degree (business administration, natural science, engineering)
- Strategic, process driven, analytical and conceptual strengths
- Very strong leadership competence with a proven international track record in managing / leading across different locations and cultures in a matrix structure
- Very strong negotiation and communication skills, integrator with the ability to engage others
- Flexible for international travel
- Fluent English skills are necessary
- Working in dynamic multiculturel teams
- Company Car
- Attractive Sallarypackage
- Independent and autonomous way of working with room for maneuver
Thats what you are looking for? Then we are curious to get to know you and we are looking forward to your application!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 281
Oerlikon Metco is a leading surface solutions provider with a global presence. Our surface solutions for thermal spray, laser cladding, PTA and weld hard facing improve the performance and efficiency of your components and systems. We also reach beyond surfaces with our materials powerhouse solutions for specialized industrial processes such as brazing, MIM, CIM, HIP, conductive fillers and others.