The Demand Planner is a key resource within Oerlikon Metco’s Sales, Operations and Inventory Planning (SOIP) process. Key responsibility is to translate market and customer demand into a delivery schedule jointly with Production Planning, to ensure industry leading service levels and inventory levels with optimized freight costs. Reflects Market Requirements and Business Changes and integrates these into the Planning and Coordination task. Maintain Global and Regional Inventory Levels to an optimum service level to fulfill customer orders.
Key Result Areas (output of the position)
▪ Aligns market requirements of Sales with capability, capacity, and cost of Operations and Inventory levels.
▪ Work with various departments (Sales, PLM’s, Manufacturing, Production Planning) to translate Sales objectives into Product availability.
▪ Global Forecast and FG Inventory control; reduce overstock and dead stock, improving inventory turnover
▪ Compile information for the review of production plans and schedules and initiate corrective actions.
▪ Exception monitoring in a rule based planning system – in combination with replenishing pull and Kanban requires deep knowledge of the SAP ERP System.
▪ Compile analysis and statistics for supply chain management, establish reports for effective material planning and material floating
▪ Work closely with other functional teams, using the SOIP process to address issues and initiate continuous improvement
▪ Control deliveries, if necessary expediting of shipments from external & internal suppliers.
▪ Optimize transportation processes, considering the lowest cost transport mode with the right customer service Level.
▪ Define and execute continuous improvement initiatives within area of responsibility resulting into continuous effectiveness and efficiency gains.
▪ Reports the continuous improvement efforts regularly to the Head of Global Materials Supply Chain Management
▪ Experience in the international demand planning, logistics and business environment, understanding of different mentalities and cultural aspects.
▪ Ability to master complex tasks and objectives.
▪ Bachelor Degree in business-related major or equivalent
▪ >5 years Demand Planning experience within an international environment preferred
▪ Experience with an S&OP (SOIP) process within a manufacturing environment
▪ Good SAP knowledge preferred, MS-Office knowledge
▪ Understanding of business functions and processes of an industrial / manufacturing company
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Strong analytical background
▪ Ability to manage and integrate different inputs, from a functional and cultural perspective
▪ Excellent negotiation skills
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.