Field Service Technician
Individual will move, install, qualify and upgrade Oerlikon Balzers Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating vessels, Pulsed Plasma Diffusion (PPD) systems, and all support systems (pretreatment, cleaning, post treatment) at end users sites. Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and calibration of vessels to effectively support operations
- Americas travel (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina) activity from 50% to 60% of the work time.
- Occasional emergency service calls
- Move, install, qualify and upgrade Oerlikon Balzers Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating vessels, Pulsed Plasma Diffusion (PPD) systems, and all support systems (pretreatment, cleaning, post treatment) at end users sites
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnostics and calibration of Oerlikon Balzers vessels and support equipment
- Track and report equipment service and performance using reporting processes in Word, Excel, Navision, and Adobe.
- Provide support to customers via telephone and computer to customers when in the office
- Adhere to and enforce maintenance practices for coating equipment per Oerlikon Balzers Standards
- Insure good and open communication with Oerlikon Balzers Technical and Service Center (BTS)
- Adhere to Oerlikon group Safety Rules.
- Keep a clean, well-organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Exhibits a sense of urgency in their daily activities when the equipment within their facility is not capable of running production
- Provide support to Inventory Control department
- Answer technical questions for customers.
- Assist with training of new service technicians
- Maintain accurate business related travel expenses
- Repair components for coating vessel
- AAS Degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Technology is preferred
- Equivalent related experience in vacuum technology considered without a degree
- Prior equipment and maintenance experience required
- Vacuum technology experience is a plus
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude for machinery and test equipment
- Schematic and blueprint reading
- Working knowledge of computers and electronics
- Good verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.