Equipment Operations Manager
Westbury, NY 11590
Plans, organizes, directs, controls, manages and evaluates:
Machine shop Assembly department
Coordinates and sets priorities with
Manufacturing Engineering Purchasing functions Planning of Equipment Operations Westbury.
In order to meet customer deliveries and promote efficiency in the operation.
Has full responsibility for all related tasks and decisions. Responsibility for all processes relating to operations activities in CNC Mechanics and Equipment Assembly. Represents Head of Operations in CNC Mechanics and Equipment Assembly
- Develop, implement and maintain all relevant ISO processes in area of responsibility. Monitor and correct processes and procedures with suitable tools.
- Responsible for coordinating the full procurement budget for Westbury Equipment Operations in cooperation with planning. Manufacturing engineering and sourcing.
- Develops and implements plans to effectively use materials labor and equipment to meet production targets. Responsible for manufacturing costs on product range. Responsible for delivering on time and for productivity. Leads cost reduction programs. (Variance and Absorption)
- Coordinating tasks to direct reports and prioritize on workflow. Sets yearly goals to direct reports with monthly reporting. Establish a monthly report to Head of Equipment Products.
- Within the equipment business, drives continuous improvement of the supplier base from a quality, cost reduction, on-time delivery, and asset management perspective.
- Establish, monitor, and control the expenditures of the departmental budget within the guidelines established for the department.
- Recommends capital improvements for the manufacturing operations on an annual basis, and manages the approved Capital Budget for Operations.
- Maintain a competent and motivated staff through proper selection, training, and development of employees. Determine needs for staff additions, personnel allocation to programs, overtime, and disciplinary action. Recommend wage adjustments and/or promotions. Maintain awareness and conformity with applicable work rules and regulations. Responsible for correct flow of information to his coworkers.
- Responsible for safety regulations and pushing through in working area.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing, plus 10+ years experience in a Production Managing position, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior role. Internal candidates with 5+ years managerial experience and advanced knowledge of the operation may be considered.
Should have good working knowledge of MRP, SAP, MII, Microsoft Office, and LEAN principles.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.