Equipment Operation Supervisor
The Equipment Operation Supervisor (Machine Shop) is a member of the Equipment Team who is responsible for machine shop personnel / work cell, process safety, supporting manufacturing operations, work with Production Control to meet the delivery schedule. Also work with Manufacturing Engineering Machine and Preventative Maintenance to provide employee training for both new and veteran employees on proper running of production equipment and processes.
- Supervise all machine shop personnel at the Equipment Operations.
- Work with Production Control to meet delivery schedule by coordinating resources in an optimized manner to maximize output and meet KPIs.
- Must be able to create daily/weekly/monthly reports to support equipment KPI ( DTP/DTS, Employee efficiency/Productivity, Conformance to plan, Downtime, etc.)
- Ensure accurate labor posting and material withdrawals are done to minimize variances.
- Work with Quality team to ensure production of quality product.
- Work as a team with Manufacturing Engineering to implement technically sound solutions to our production efforts. Work with Machine maintenance to oversee that the execution of the Preventive Maintenance program meets Operational Excellence standards.
- Establish a work environment and culture that prevents accidents and incidents, and ensure contractors and team members adhere to all safety rules.
- Initiate and lead continuous process improvement activities in alignment with Oerlikon Operational Excellence principles and core values.
- Monitoring each machine’s OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and working with Quality and Manufacturing Engineering to reduce variances, meet absorption and improve Quality.
- Responsible for mentoring and providing appropriate trainings for the department employees on equipment. This includes but is not limited to creating written procedure on how to properly run, maintain, and trouble shoot Westbury production equipment.
- Participate in Equipment team activities including daily/ weekly/ monthly meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or engineering and or more than 10 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- CNC and manual machining experience on lathes and milling. Swiss, conventional and multi-axis preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in process evaluation and improvement, trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel including machinists, manufacturing staff and management.
- Strong understanding of key manufacturing equipment such as CNC, manual lathes, mills, robotics and automated equipment.
- Understanding of industry recognized best practices for production and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in LEAN or Operational Excellence practices.
- Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and maintain a positive outlook.
- Must have previous supervisory experience in machine shop or other manufacturing environments.
- Working knowledge of various softwares including: MS Office, Project, Visio and ERP system. SAP preferred.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.