Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Oerlikon Metco Canada is seeking an Environmental Advisor for our Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta facility. The primary role of this position requires taking responsibility for the Environmental Management System at an industrial manufacturing plant site, ensuring that environmental procedures/systems are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the relevant regulatory, corporate and internal standards. This position reports directly to the HSE Manager.
- Ensures that the facility is adhering to applicable legislative requirements, and support any required improvements;
- Completes timely reporting to provincial and federal authorities as per regulatory requirements;
- Completes reporting to the global team for internal corporate environmental requirements;
- Organizes and/or reviews site monitoring activities, including stack testing and water sampling;
- Manages the facility's industrial wastes, including disposal and recycling, ensuring compliance;
- Provides support for site remediation activities;
- Reports and investigates any EHS incidents that may occur;
- Ensures that employees are aware of environmental policies and procedures;
- Assists in setting and monitoring targets for continuous improvement;
- Supports and/or leads EHS audits on site;
- Supports EHS training activities;
- Works with the production team to ensure the plant is operating within the parameters set out in the environmental operating approval;
- Carry out other tasks as deemed necessary.
The successful candidate will have related post-secondary education combined with 3-5 years experience in a mid to large industrial organization together with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Environment technical training and experience in handling environmental systems is required. Familiarity with local environment, health and safety regulatory requirements and environment/safety standards (e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 45001) is strongly desired. Some experience in Health and Safety would be an asset.
Oerlikon Metco (Canada) Inc. offers competitive compensation, pension and benefits packages in an environment that encourages continues development and work life balance.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!