Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Oerlikon Metco Canada is seeking an Environment, Health and Safety Advisor for our Fort Saskatchewan facility. The primary roles of this position are to ensure that environmental, health and safety procedures are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the relevant regulatory, corporate and internal standards. The major focus initially is on environmental management and compliance.
- Work with the production facility to ensure it is operating within the parameters set out in the environmental operating approval;
- Ensures that the facility is adhering to applicable EHS legislative requirements;
- Reporting to provincial and federal authorities as per regulatory requirements;
- Reporting to corporate for internal corporate environmental requirements;
- Organizes and/or reviews site monitoring activities, including stack testing and water sampling; Managing the facility's industrial wastes, including disposal and recycling;
- Provides support for site remediation activities;
- Reports and investigates any EHS incidents that may occur;
- Ensures that employees are aware of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures;
- Assists in setting targets for continuous improvement;
- Support and/or leads EHS audits on site; Support EHS training activities;
- Lead site inductions for visitors, contractors and new employees.
- A post secondary degree in Chemistry or Engineering and/or a CRSP would be preferred;
- Familiarity with local environment, health and safety regulatory requirements and environment/safety standards (e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 45001) would also be an asset;
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years experience in a mid to large industrial organization together with excellent communication and organizational skills.
Oerlikon Metco (Canada) Inc. offers competitive compensation, pension and benefits packages in an environment that encourages continues development and work life balance.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of over 30 locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, power generation, automotive, oil & gas, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!