Customer Service Representative
Service customers in the respective territory by processing and expediting their orders, requests for quotations, consignment and blanket agreements, consolidation shipments, bulletins, certifications, and other information as requested; and by taking ownership of their complaints to provide solutions which meet with the customers satisfaction. To work as part of a team to support other members of the department as well as other members of the Company with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Process both written and verbal customer quotations for price and delivery. Interface with Quality Assurance and Technical Support as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Follow purchase order review procedure when entering quotations and customer orders. Confirming they are an active account, terms of payment, delivery date request, pricing, special label requirements, standard terms and conditions and any special instructions to make sure we can provide what the customer has requested.
- Process consignment replenishments and billings. Maintain balance records, perform monthly balance reconciliations, investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Process blanket orders as requested by customers following established department guidelines.
- Daily review of open order report to ensure all orders are shipped on time. Documented confirmation to customer in advance of any potential issue or delay.
- Process credit card authorizations.
- Process customer complaints, take ownership of problems that arise and follow through to insure that corrective action is taken when requested including root cause analysis and long term corrective action. Work to improve our systems, procedures and processes on a continual basis keeping the customer first. Process returns per company policies and procedures.
- Maintain customer contact information, quotations, order confirmations, complaints and any relevant customer communication in CRM.
- Process new customer account templates providing credit application, trade references, end user certificate and tax exempt certificate if applicable.
- Work closely within the department, Sales and Technical Support to ensure efficient use of resources and functions to support Region America sales and profitability goals.
- Scan completed orders in optimal explorer for recordkeeping.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service environment
- CRM and SAP experience preferred
- Proficient using MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain focused, positive, and flexible under stressful conditions, quick thinker, solution oriented and good interpersonal skills required
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.