Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Westbury, NY
Service customers in the respective territory by processing and expediting their orders, requests for quotations, consignment and blanket agreements, consolidation shipments, bulletins, certifications, and other information as requested; and by taking ownership of their complaints to provide solutions which meet with the customers satisfaction. To work as part of a team to support other members of the department as well as other members of the Company with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Process both written and verbal customer quotations for price and delivery. Interface with Quality Assurance and Technical Support as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Follow purchase order review procedure when entering quotations and customer orders. Confirming they are an active account, terms of payment, delivery date request, pricing, special label requirements, standard terms and conditions and any special instructions to make sure we can provide what the customer has requested.
- Process consignment replenishments and billings. Maintain balance records, perform monthly balance reconciliations, investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Process blanket orders as requested by customers following established department guidelines.
- Daily review of open order report to ensure all orders are shipped on time. Documented confirmation to customer in advance of any potential issue or delay.
- Process credit card authorizations.
- Process customer complaints, take ownership of problems that arise and follow through to insure that corrective action is taken when requested including root cause analysis and long term corrective action. Work to improve our systems, procedures and processes on a continual basis keeping the customer first. Process returns per company policies and procedures.
- Maintain customer contact information, quotations, order confirmations, complaints and any relevant customer communication in CRM.
- Process new customer account templates providing credit application, trade references, end user certificate and tax exempt certificate if applicable.
- Work closely within the department, Sales and Technical Support to ensure efficient use of resources and functions to support Region America sales and profitability goals.
- Scan completed orders in optimal explorer for recordkeeping.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service environment
- CRM and SAP experience preferred
- Proficient using MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain focused, positive, and flexible under stressful conditions, quick thinker, solution oriented and good interpersonal skills required