Position: CSC Forming Tools Project Manager
Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
The CSC(Customer Solution Center) Forming Tools Project Manager will focus primarily on Forming Tools technical process development. The core function includes new coating application, coating modification, process development, customer’s project management, superior technical solutions and advanced analysis. This position is accountable for providing leadership to accomplish technical initiatives aligned with the coating business. The CSC Forming Tools Project Manager converts strategic customer needs into safe, commercially viable, high quality solutions that meet cost and timing targets. This position reports to Head of CSC, Americas.
- Create and execute plans in collaboration with Sales and Operations to increase the introduction of new coating technologies and processes that help profitably expand the company’s geographic and industrial footprint.
- Lead the implementation of projects from the prototype level to production.
- Responsible for the technical realization of all process steps including coating, testing, fixturing, cleaning and other pre- and post-treatments.
- Interacts with Product Managers and Process Manager to provide technical solutions and fulfill the requirements of successfully applying coating to customer’s tools or parts.
- Follows processes and documentations.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical data (i.e., technical drawings, prints, etc.).
- Implement CRM sample handling.
- Bachelor degree in Material or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required.
- Over 5 years of overall business experience, including leadership experience in a science based company is preferred.
- Ability and experience in building capital and project plans to support products and customers’ needs.
- Broad experience in research and development for developing products and solutions from idea generation and new product launch to commercial success.
- Work experiences in PVD, PACVD, Nitriding and other surface treatment on metal substrate industry or/and Stamping/Forming and Molds/Dies industry are preferred.
- Travel - 20% to 40%
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.