Coating Technician - Aerospace
We are currently seeking a Coating Technician for our Guelph Centre who will execute activities associated with all coating related processes, including evaluation of specimens with laboratory equipment. This is a specialized role focusing on our Precision Components/Aerospace business.
- Operation, daily checks, maintenance and changeovers of coating vessels, cleaning, blasting, stripping systems, honing;
- Preparation and evaluation of coated specimens, including section, mount, grind and polish, adhesion testing, macro and micro hardness testing, surface profilometry tests, microstructure and thickness testing;
- Support Quality in compliance of internal system requirements, ISO9001, NADCAP, AS9100 and customer requirements;
- Perform general maintenance of lab areas and equipment as assigned;
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in accordance with 5S standards;
- Safe use of equipment, identify unsafe working environment within the lab.
- Related Post-secondary education or equivalent combined with a minimum of two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with standard aspects of metallographic analysis;
- Ability to read and understand specifications, blueprints, procedures and standards;
- Mechanical aptitude combined with willingness to learn is a must;
- Knowledge of standard laboratory safety procedures in the handling of dangerous chemicals;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office;
- May require occasional overtime and/or weekend coverage.
A comprehensive benefit plan including extended health, dental, vision and life insurance and a company sponsored Pension Plan.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.