Title: Coating Technician, 1st shift
Location: Geneva, IL
The Coating Technician pre-treats a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. He/she uses analytical thinking and a high-degree of creativity to oversee and assemble chamber loads based on customer specifications. As part of his/her regular responsibilities, this person will make critical processing decisions, to initiate the coating process as well as be responsible for disassembling and reconfiguring the chamber for subsequent loads. The position also entails communicating between Incoming/Outgoing and other Coating Technicians in order to maintain proper, uninterrupted work flow.
- Perform daily changeover maintenance of pre/post treatment equipment
- Fixture/Defixture batches.
- Inspect and measure test pieces.
- Input data into Guardus software system.
- Optimize the daily use of production equipment (Flex schedule & weekends)
- Work with Quality Coordinator and Center Manager to identify and address quality concerns
- Follow standard procedures and interpret customer work instructions
- Providing training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various departments
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be comfortable working with hands and be able to lift 40lbs
- Maintain 5S in designated area
- Physical: Lift 40lbs
- Mental: Maintain professional manner during stressful situations
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Manufacturing environment.
- Skills: Basic computer skills, and teamwork
- Must be able to work a flex schedule & weekends
- 2- 4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
- Must have knowledge of cutting tools
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired