Position: Machine Operator
Location: Elgin, IL
Operate and daily checks of equipment to Standards including leaks, media, cleaning, general condition. To be fully trained in Safety areas including PPE, Hazardous Materials, etc.
- Operate blasting machine
- Organize the parts to be blasted
- Keep 5S on track
- Load and unload the machine
- Keep machine with leak free
- Check the machine daily
- Help the technicians when needed with blasting fixtures for PrC and tools
- Read and fill in task log as needed (PCC’s or batch information)
- Follow the maintenance schedule (glass, hoses, etc)
- Operate, daily checks and Changeover Blasting Machine
- Support service tech when requested
- Follow at all the time the 5 Golden Rules
- Maintain 5S on machine Maintain 5S on the carts 5 S Area
Basic technical knowledge
Attention to detail
Successfully completed the relevant training modules as defined by BTS
- Basic Vacuum Technology
- Loading Overview
- Load Guidelines
- Avoiding Mistakes
- Batch to Batch Exchange
- Daily and Weekly Maintenance
- 80 Batch Cleaning (assist)
- Willingness to perform in a team environment.
- Motivated and creative self-starter with a positive attitude
Job Setting/Social Conditions/Environmental:
Fast paced production environment.
Clean and Organized Facility Environmental Controlled
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 2- 4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment
- repair, or construction preferred
- Must have knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.