Location: Barboursville, WV
Thermal spray company that is looking for a CNC Programmer to join our team in our up and coming machine shop. Looking for experience person with tight tolerance precision capabilities, blue print reading, experienced in CAD/CAM software, jigs and fixture design, experience in working with purchasing and procurement, great communication and team building skills. Will play a strong role to continue to help improve production processes with regards to safety, health, environmental, quality, and productivity while minimizing wastes and costs. Needs a thorough understanding of standards, concepts, practices, and procedures for machining operations. Dedicated and driven person to meet challenges and support the day-to-day business needs while pursuing company goals.
- Use CAD software to design tooling, jigs, and fixture and create blue prints for improved communication.
- Use CAM software to program CNC equipment.
- Verify setups, offsets, and tool compensation of CNC equipment
- Setup and prove out new program and processes on CNC equipment.
- Communicate and work with operators to ensure correct procedures and process are being performed.
- Coordinate with management on production and scheduling.
- Ensure standards, concepts, best practices and procedures are documented and performed.
- Coordinate with team on purchase and install of new or used equipment.
- Work with team members to train employees on new processes and procedures with in department.
- Use inspection tools to verify dimensions and tolerances such as CMM, micrometers, indicators, etc.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials.
- Maintain inventory of tooling and consumables.
- Maintain equipment through preventive maintenance
- Work with purchasing and procurement personnel for ordering and purchase of materials required for jobs.
- Estimates and quotes time on pieces and parts.
- Daily use of MS Office programs.
- Maintain work environment with the use of 5S and Lean principles.
- Clearly communicate with management, customers internal and external, and co-workers.
- Create cost saving projects to minimize waste and lower expenses.
- Maintain professional level of organization with high attention to detail and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and sales representatives on new tooling and technologies.
- Participate with all departments within facility to achieve goals.
- Minimum: Associate’s in Manufacturing Engineering from accredited community college or related technical field.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university.
- Must be proficient in CAD/CAM software
- Certified in CAD/CAM software preferred.
- Proficient in reading blue prints.
- Minimum five years’ experience in machining and manufacture of low or high volume parts.
- Minimum five year experience in a manufacturing and industrial environment.
- Experience in Jig and Fixture Design.
- Proficient in using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.