The Center Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and resources related to maintain a multi-million dollar production operation. The position requires staff management, resources management, compliance and general oversight of the Center. He/She must understand, operate, and act in a hands-on capacity to process products through production system using standard processes. He/She must support sales and interact with customers but act as a driving force to achieve customer satisfaction by working with; understand customer needs, have a close relationship with the top 5-10% of customers.
The Center Manger will also manage accounts and work through customer issues. He/She will oversee and ensure customer satisfaction by administration of Quality Systems and adherence to BHQ production and maintenance standards.
This person must work to establish a well trained, highly motivated and effective work force. The Center Manager will be responsible for Production Scheduling, delivery, building shift models to meet customer needs. This person will be managing van routes; managing customer expectation and expedited delivery as needed. He/She will need to manage a dedicated workforce with respect to employee development, cross-training, succession planning, and administrative approvals, etc including performance management, hiring, and terminations.
The Center Manager will also work with Regional sales to facilitate generating new business by meeting customer specifications and facilitate Production Technology through understanding the operations of the equipment and their applications. He/She will have P/L Responsibility and will manage budgets, run efficiency reports, analyze purchasing and labor decision effects on P/L, decision of equipment utilization on profitability.
- Direct supervisor for all center production employees
- Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships
- Daily Management of all Center Production Activities including Management/Implementation of Corporate and BHQ Directives/initiatives, Administration and Adherence to Quality and Safety systems at Center Level
- Responsible for partnering with sales team to drive business development and promote CCM improvements
- Responsible for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Controls costs related to doing business relative to his/her production location
- Works to develop and maintain a team atmosphere
- Provide ethical leadership
- Responsible for bringing ideas for our best practice program to HSE, ISO, Operations, Quality, etc.,
- Responsible for management of actions resulting from internal and external audits
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Experience substitutes
- 2-4 years of experience managing people
- 3-5 years of experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications; Previous Coating industry experience preferred
- Experience working through manufacturing/ Production environment to working the production cycles to deliver products on time
- Progressive management responsibility
- Strong Engineering, Interpersonal and customer service-oriented skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic, systematic thinker, problem solver
- Well organized
- Proven Record of training employees about safety and production
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.