The Business Line Controller is the right hand of the Business Line Head.
The position is part of the Finance and Controlling Organization but resides within the Business Line as Member of BL Management Team and is responsible for the financial operations, accounting and cost controls of the assigned Business Line. This critical role serves as a business partner with the Operations and Sales Teams to effectively manage and control global & local facility costs and activities. The BL Controller will be responsible for general accounting, payables, financial reporting and cost management for the assigned Business Line. The key task of this position is to provide financial leadership and controlling tools and to monitor financial performance.
Controlling Leadership and Guidance
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the financial and fiscal function of the Business Line
• Analyzing business performance, recommends benchmarks, and highlights the key areas of interest for improvement or monitoring
• Business Partner – analysis and decision support in the area of pricing, financial analysis for contract negotiations, supply contracts, modelling, project evaluations, costing, performance measures, training, strategic planning, business goal development, cost calculation models
• Support and guide local controlling staff of legal entities
• Adequate cash flow management at the locations
• Financial soundboard for operations
• Timely provide the full set of monthly financial reporting to the BL Management based on the Reporting Standards of the Segment and the Group & Based on Accounting & Reporting
• Maintain and adjust reporting system according the needs of the Business Line in Line with the Segment and Group requirements in alignment with Accounting & Reporting
• Initiate improvements on reporting, MRP processes
• Brings forward a culture of continuous improvement and Operational Excellence
• Management of all accounting and finance processes such as long term planning (5YP), annu-al budgets, outlooks and forecasts, business modelling, monthly closing processes and report-ing, variance and analysis reporting, product costing, contribution reporting and others
• Ensure adequate Financial Risk Management and Internal Control Systems
• Internal auditor relationships
• Directs and coordinates Business Line activities among other Finance and Controlling Teams
• Management of external and internal financial/business audits
• Liaise with CFO, BU and other BL Controlling, Group Treasurer and other members of Group
• Liaise and supports all other departments
BL Strategy / M&A
• Supports strategy- and acquisition processes
• Supports due diligences and business integration
• Supports reengineering and organizational changes
• Drive and Facilitate the Capex application procedures
• Supports and analysis investment decisions
• Capital expenditure evaluations and submissions
• Control of the delegation of authority
Summary: Experienced Business Controller witch background in a manufacturing environment in a comparable industry (B2B) as Surface Solution is
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field.
• Seven (7) years’ experience financial management in a manufacturing company preferable in the energy, aerospace or automotive industry.
• Experience in making decision that positively impact financials and able to communicate and train others on key business drivers.
• Experience with ERP and accounting systems
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
• Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and unusual common sense.
• Dedicated, convincing personality with the ability to establish effective working relationships with different personalities independent of formal structures
• Very strong negotiation and communication skills, integrator with the ability to engage others
• Self-driven, open and positive mind-set with experience in international and cross-cultural business environment
• English (German language beneficial)